The Subsea Engineer will participate project progress,
staff, budget, monitor change orders, attend regular
project meetings and can be consulted extensively by
associates. This person will be responsible for
understanding and supporting cost effective field
architecture designs, and interfacing with Pipeline,
Flow Assurance, Riser Analysis, Marine, etc. as
related to subsea design and installation.
- Provides bid engineering support and prepare CTR
engineers and officials of other organizations.
- Resolves important questions and negotiate with key
as stay abreast of current design qualification efforts
- Researches available subsea hardware options as well
in industry in order to implement them into the field
procedures, Instructions and Notes to Bidders, RFQ and
- Checks specs, datasheets, reports, technical notes,
procurement packages for PO award and material
requisitions, and bid evaluations.
with conflicting design requirements, unconventional
- May be assigned to work on complex subsea projects
materials or installation requirements.
patents, technologies and present these in white papers
- Develops innovative subsea design, inventions,
at industry trade shows.
- Provides marketing support to the business development
- Provides offshore support as required for projects.
- Understands McDermott ISO 9001 procedures.
- BS degree in an Engineering discipline.
- 5 years of Engineering experience in the offshore
subsea structure design and installation scenarios, both
- Familiar with field development scenarios, riser and
in shallo and deep water primarily in the Gulf of
- Familiar with subsea design codes (API, DnV, ASME,
engineering problems and methods.
- Able to work with minimum supervisor on subsea
interface with clients, consultants, vendors, drafting
- Must have good interpersonal skills and ability to
designers, and other lead engineers in multi-discipline
Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have good computer skills and be proficient on
proficiency in project management.
- Must have good handwriting and presentation skills,
- Excellent work ethic and a good work attitude.
McDermott - 15 months ago