LOCATION: Houston, TX or Mobile, AL
REPORTS TO: Welding Engineering Manager
IS REPORTED TO BY:
The Senior Welding Specialist will be the main resource for Technip’s project teams for welding & fabrication activities in the subsea business sector. They shall be knowledgeable in all aspects of welding, materials and NDT typical to subsea pipeline installation.
The Senior Welding Specialist will be responsible for managing the welding aspects from tender stage, through weld procedure qualification, spoolbase stalk fabrication and offshore installation.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITY
• Tender Support - pipeline, construction
• Project Support - pipeline, construction
• Technical Support to Technip USA Spoolbase
• Offshore Technical Support
• Pipeline Weld Procedure Qualification (WPQ)
• WPQ planning and documentation
• Management of welding of WPQ test coupons
• Management of mechanical testing
• Material Procurement
• Research and Development
A degree in Welding Engineering, Materials Science, Metallurgy or Mechanical Engineering is required
AWS, IIW, EWF, Certified Welding Engineer is preferred
(Leadership, Team working, Motivation)
• Must be able to work independently to set deadlines
• Will be expected to work as part of a project team reporting to project manager
• Will communicate effectively with personnel at all levels within the organisation
• Willing to travel within the US and abroad
• Must be in possession of valid Passport and driving license and be able to work in variety of locations including offshore
(Technical, Commercial, Management, QHS&E)
Practical experience of pipeline construction by J-Lay, Reel Lay or S-Lay is preferred.
Experienced in qualifying weld procedures to international codes and standards (e.g. API 1104).
Knowledgeable of all aspects of pipe welding processes, manual and mechanised.
Has or willing to attain Professional Engineering (PE) license
Should be able to:
• Raise, review & approve technical documents (welding, NDT and material procurement)
• Provide project technical support on range of welding, materials and NDT issues
• Must have an understanding of the principles of welding metallurgy and how this relates to the mechanical performance of the weld
• Understanding of fracture mechanics and engineering critical assessment (ECA) is an advantage
• Fully conversant with all basic non-destructive testing (NDT) methods
• Experience in automated ultrasonic testing (AUT) is an advantage
• Ability to promote and manage related R&D projects.
Technip - 20 months ago
High-tech Technip USA, an American subsidiary of French engineering and construction giant Technip, provides engineering and construction...