The objective of the Subsea Wellhead team within the Global Subsea Hardware organization is to supply reliable subsea wellhead systems to company wells that are compliant with company and industry standards. This will require the team to identify the gaps and develop a plan for closing the gaps between current technology and the technology and equipment required to deliver company's subsea wells around the world. The team lead position will be responsible for coordinating and aligning several engineers who are individually responsible for specification, monitoring engineering and verifying qualification of subsea wellhead systems.
The engineering team lead will report to the GSH Subsea Wellhead Systems Manager. The successful applicant will work as a key member of the Subsea Wellhead team and will be responsible for all aspects of engineering delivery ie project engineering management, scope management, schedule management, management of interfaces with and change control, contractor engineering management, Technical Assurance delivery, and Risk Management.
The successful applicant will be required to work closely with the requisite Regional and Project Wells Teams to ensure that the equipment developed is fit for purpose and acceptable to the final end users.
Essential Education - Qualified to degree standard in relevant Engineering discipline e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Instrument and Electrical Engineering, Offshore/Subsea Engineering
Essential experience and job requirements
• A minimum of 6 years experience as a subsea engineer
• Ability to perform in a multi-functional team
• Ability to lead contractors
• Ability to work with new technology
• Interest in applying project management and facilitation skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Initiative and flexibility
• Collaboration, negotiation, and influencing skills
• Familiarity with risk management and technical assurance
• Knowledge of project work including subsea engineering design would be useful
• Knowledge of Subsea Wellhead structural and fatigue loading
• Knowledge of drilling practices and equipment
• Experience in projects/major modifications
• Needs to be familiar with API specs 6A and 17D
• Experience with subsea wellhead equipment and subsea production equipment including trees, connectors, casing hangers, tubing hangers, running tools and operation of the equipment offshore.
• Desired to have experience in metal to metal and elastomeric seals, preferably in design and qualification testing.
• Ability to lead quality control, quality assurance.
• Basic training in metallurgy and welding.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
• Commitment to an outstanding safety performance and no harm- no incident culture.
• Good Communication and Information & Technology skills.
• Takes responsibilities for achieving challenging HSSE goals.
• Take account of impact of delivery on the business context then acts accordingly.
• Willing to take lead when challenges occur.
• Build networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge.
• Familiarity with company standards and specifications.
Rigzone - 6 months ago
For more than 20 years, our clients have trusted us to help them recruit leaders around the world and incorporate them into their...