Founded in 1970, today Palladia, Inc. is one of the largest not-for-profit, multi-service agencies of its kind in New York City. Palladia serves largely urban, poor individuals and families of color and is nationally recognized for its innovative service delivery in the fields of substance abuse, homelessness, HIV, mental illness and trauma, domestic violence, criminal justice services, and family services. Palladia currently serves approximately 1700 persons per day in 28 distinct human service programs including: residential substance abuse treatment programs; outpatient and transitional treatment programs; homeless and domestic violence shelters; alternative to incarceration programs; permanent supportive housing programs; and numerous special initiatives and collaborations.
The Substance Abuse Counselor will provide group, individual counseling and case management to chemically dependent clients. Complete all related documentation, including progress notes and treatment plans. Communicate with other staff members as needed and participate in case conference and meetings.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Group and individual counseling, assessment, family counseling
- Case management and referral
- Urine tracking and monitoring
- All required documentation including progress notes, treatment plans discharge summaries
- Participate in staff meetings, case conferences, utilization review, change teams, staff development, clinical supervision and trainings
- Meet billing targets and maintain compliance with requirements of Medicaid billing
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED / LANGUAGE PREFERENCE:
- CASAC-T with a minimum of 2 years of chemical dependency experience
- CASAC preferred
COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of chemical dependency as a primary diagnosis and related counseling skills for group and individual counseling.
- Ability to work within in team.
- Awareness of mental health issues.
- Assessment and case management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Palladia offers a competitive salary and benefits package