Plans and facilitates group-counseling sessions for clients, including an active caseload of up to thirty (30) individuals. Develops and implements treatment plans for clients. Appropriately provides individual counseling. Advocates and coordinates the treatment needs of clients with collateral entities such as that drug court, parole/probation, halfway houses, etc. Attends and maintains continuing education, training, and other professional activities per state guidelines in order to retain necessary certification (CASAC).
Qualifications/Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree preferred in Counseling, Human Services, Sociology or Social Work.
- May consider Associates Degree with good combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience performing counseling duties in the fields of substance abuse or mental health treatment and rehabilitation.
- Working knowledge in the fields of counseling theory, treatment planning, medical aspects of chemical dependency, or pharmacology.
- Current CASAC certification preferred or must be eligible to take the exam. OR Current CASAC-T certification or must be eligible to take the exam. AND Must have completed the 350 educational hours required for CASAC applications.
- Advanced level knowledge of substance abuse issues, the 12 core competencies and life areas as identified by OASAS 822 rules and regulations.
- Ability to conduct patient evaluations, and develop treatment plans.
- Working knowledge of motivational interviewing and in-depth knowledge of the stages of change and how to apply the knowledge in a treatment setting.
- Experience working with ex-offenders, victims of domestic violence, individuals with disorders (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).
- Ability to identify mental health disorders and co-occurring disorders.
- Must possess the ability to operate Microsoft Office documents and interoffice software package.
- Ability to use TIER Client Management System preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
Action for a Better Community, Inc. - 18 months ago