We are currently seeking a Part-Time Substance Abuse Counselor for our Clearfield, PA facility
The primary role of the counselor is to assist patients in identifying treatment needs, while establishing and building a relationship of trust.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Provision of counseling services to patients
Timely completion of patient paperwork
Maintain up to date and accurate patient records
Provide case-management and referral services
Maintain state required certifications
Attend required trainings
Outreach and networking
Essential Skills and Experience
At least one of the following combinations of education and experience:
1. Current physician license in Pennsylvania
2. Master’s Degree in behavioral or related field which includes a practicum on a health or human service agency
3. Bachelor’s Degree in behavioral or related field and one year of clinical experience (1820 hours) in a health or human service agency
4. Associate’s Degree in behavioral or related field and 2 years clinical experience (3640 hours) in a health or human service agency
5. Current registered nurse license in Pennsylvania, a degree from an accredited school of nursing, and 1 year of counseling experience in a health or human service agency
6. Full certification as an addictions counselor by a statewide certification body which is a member of a national certification body or certification by another state governments’ substance abuse counseling certification board.
Schedule and Compensation
Twenty-four (24) hours per week.
Schedule To Be Determined.
$12.50 to $18.50 per hour based on education and experience.
Contact: Kris Canfield by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at (814) 768-9754
Discovery House - 13 months ago
Discovery House is a non-profit organization that concentrates on the prevention of family violence in Calgary and area. Our unique role in...