Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is a privately-held company that successfully operates Job Corps, corrections, medical, and international and domestic workforce development contracts. MTC has been serving disadvantaged populations for 30 years and employs nearly 10,000 workers. MTC is a rapidly-growing, innovative and competitive company and is now the third largest operator of private adult correctional facilities.
East Texas Treatment Facility (ETTF), owned and operated by MTC, is the largest treatment facility within the state of Texas. Contracted with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, dedicated employees provide rehabilitation and educational services to support the successful community reintegration of offenders in the In-Prison DWI Recovery, Substance Abuse Felony Punishment and Intermediate Sanction Treatment Programs. ETTF fosters the professional development of all employees by providing a plethora of training and advancement opportunities while maintaining a truly "Believe or Not I Care" work atmosphere.
MTC offers a competitive wage and comprehensive employee benefits package. For more information please visit www.mtcjobs.com .
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR
This position reports to the Senior Substance Abuse Counselor. Performs moderately complex substance abuse counseling work within the DWI/SAFPF/ISF programs. Work involves planning, coordinating, and implementing substance abuse counseling activities; and coordinating with other departments to ensure the maximum utilization of resources available for chemical dependency treatment and rehabilitation in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Provides substance abuse counseling and recovery skills training; participates in offender orientation, educational and individual and process counseling groups in compliance with program standards, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Interviews, screens, and evaluates offenders for potential program participation.
- Provides a comprehensive evaluation from a battery of valid measurement tools to assess the recovery needs and the re-offense risk of DWI/SAFPF/ISF offenders.
- Participates in the Individual Treatment Plan based on the severity and characteristics of the offender.
- Implements follow-up and after care plans for offenders that participate in the program prior to their release; and disseminates information on community resources for offender placement in follow-up treatment.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED. Must have a letter of registration as a Counselor Intern or a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) license from the Texas Department of State Health Services or current certification as Certified Criminal Justice Professional Applicant Status (CCJP-A) as approved by the Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professionals. Selected applicants must obtain the Licensed Clinical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) license or the Certified Criminal Justice Professional (CCJP) certification within 5 years from the date of their registration as a Counselor Intern or CCJP-A. Must sign a Credential Contingency Agreement that will remain in effect only until the initially established expiratino date. Failure to comply with this contingency statement will result in separation from employment. Credential Contingency Agreements will not be extended or renewed as a result of an employee's separation from empmloyment or acceptance of another position. Must maintain valid Counselor Intern status, Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) license or CCJP-A certification for continued employment in position. Valid driver's license in the State of Texas with an accpetable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire - Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
MTC is an equal opportunity employer.
Management & Training Corporation - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...