Responsible for the overall Design and Engineering of substations as assigned from schematic phase through final construction drawings and project completion.
• Performs Electrical Engineering work requiring a sound working knowledge of utility substation designs and standards.
• Provides Electrical Design for projects such as: Relay Upgrades, Breaker Additions/Upgrades, Transformer Replacements, RTU Installations, and Metering.
• Provides Physical Design for projects such as: Bus Additions, new Equipment Installations, Above and Below-Grade Layouts.
• Provides Electrical Design working with client's Relay Recommendations and/or marked prints of Schematics showing Protection and Control Logic; Panel Layout showing proposed device locations; One-Line Diagrams showing Breakers, Transformers, CTs, PTs, etc.
• Creates/modifies Current, Voltage and Trip Schematics.
• Lays out all Panel/Equipment Wiring Diagrams.
• Performs Point-to-Point Wiring and Inter-panel Wiring.
• Creates Cable Diagrams and Charts.
• Prepares Material Lists.
• Backchecks all Wiring against Schematics.
• Creates Removal and Addition sets, if required.
• Prepares Final Construction Sets.
• Performs As-Built revisions.
• Performs the Engineering and Design of Field Wiring, Remote Terminal Units (RTUs), Metering, Digital Fault Recorders (DFRs) and SCADA Units inside an electrical substation.
• Confers with utility personnel, manufacturers' representatives and others as required when carrying out above work.
• Prepares technical specifications.
• Reviews and evaluates drawings.
• Performs site visits for documentation, as required by clients.
• Mentors Electrical Designers and Electrical CAD Technicians.
• Prepares Engineering Reports.
• Completes complex and specialty types of design.
• Assists Senior Electrical Engineers in developing/maintaining department standards.
• Additional duties as assigned by the Manager of Electrical Engineering or a Senior Electrical Engineer.
• Ability to interact successfully with all levels of staff, clients and vendors.
• Able to work in a collaborative process.
• Able to plan, organize and implement with successful and timely results.
• Able to mentor and direct other team members.
• Efficient use of software, materials and equipment is required, resulting in minimal operational cost. All work time, unless otherwise directed, will be spent performing work that is billable.
• Dedication to completing a project on schedule is essential. Efficient use of time is critical.
Working unusual and extended hours to meet project deadlines is sometimes necessary.
• Close attention to detail is required. Consistency, accuracy and thoroughness are critical.
• Open to change; receptive to new ideas and concepts.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION GUIDELINES:
Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years of experience. Intern Engineer (1st part of Licensing Exam passed), Professional Engineering License or Professional Certification desirable. Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microstation, word processing and spreadsheet management programs with working knowledge of applicable codes.
Dashiell specializes in designing, building, testing, and maintaining high and medium voltage electrical systems for utilities, power...