Design of substations utilizing client standards including bill of materials, yard layout, plan, sections and details, grounding, ground grid, control building arrangement, interior and exterior raceway, auxiliary AC and DC power systems, cable lists, preparation of calculations, preparation of equipment specifications, and preparation of new and modification of existing relaying drawings including relay panel arrangements, single lines, three lines, AC schematics, DC elementaries, equipment wiring, and relay panel wiring, preparation of calculations and preparation of equipment specifications.
Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
Performs work which involves conventional engineering practices, but may involve a variety of complex features.
Requires general knowledge of precedents in specialty areas and familiarity with basic principles and practices in related specialties.
May coordinate departmental and divisional project studies and report preparation assignments.
Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from an accredited University and a minimum of 5 years design experience of HV and EHV substations.
- Consulting and/or Utility experience is preferred.
- PE license or the ability to obtain PE license is also preferred.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- This position requires an experienced and competent individual capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.
- Completion of FE exam.
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Entrepreneurial spirit. It spans two centuries. Crosses multiple disciplines. It’s the reason Burns & McDonnell grew from an...