Clayton County Public Schools is seeking applicants for the following position(s): |
FY2014 - Substitute Bus Driver
Job Type: Substitute Bus Driver
Per Clayton County Salary schedule for 2013-2014 School Year ($14.28 per hour, paid at a minimum of 2.5 hours for AM/PM trips).
Not eligible for benefits, or to draw unemployment wages.
Job Description: Transport students within Clayton County District over specified routes and to extracurricular events as needed. Part-time position "on-call" only as needed. Not guaranteed any specific number of days of employment.
Additional Job Information:
A seven year Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) will be required, from any state or states that you have held a U.S. Driver's License in the last 7 years. The Georgia MVR cannot be more than 30 days old.
You will be disqualified:
* If you've had more than 2 moving violations in a 7-year period. (Ex., speeding, running a red light, illegal lane change, failure to yield, etc.)
* If you've had any speeding ticket that's 15 miles or more over the speed limit.
APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT HOLD A CDL LICENSE:
A. Must take the test and obtain a CDL Permit with the P(Passenger) and S(School Bus) endorsements prior to interview. CDL Study Guides are located at the Dept. of Driver Services (formerly DMV). Before taking the test, you may obtain a notarized CDL Application Fee Exemption Certification Form from CCPS Transportation Dept. After passing the test, you will be given a Bus Permit.
Sections to study are listed below:
Section 1 - Introduction/General Knowledge
Section 2 - Driving Safely
Section 4 - Transporting Passengers Safely
Section 5 - Air Brakes
Section 10 - School Bus
APPLICANTS HOLDING A CDL LICENSE:
A. You will need the S (School Bus) and P (Passenger) Endorsements on your license, prior to interview.
B. You can take the written portion of the S and P test at any Georgia Department of Driver's Services testing site. Ask them for your scores (the endorsements will not be applied to your license until you have completed the training class).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
* Must be able to life approximately twenty-five (25) pounds to raise bus hood and conduct maintenance check.
* Must be able to conduct emergency evacuation drills as required.
* MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE TO APPLY.
* Must have a minimum high school diploma or GED.
* Must have a current, valid Georgia driver's license.
* Must have a minimum of three (3) valid references.
* Must successfully complete school bus driver training program provided by the Clayton County Transportation Dept.
* Candidates driving record will be verified by a license check with the Georgia Department of Motor Vehicles. Must not contain any citations for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, numerous or serious traffic violations, or accidents suggesting candidate is not a safe driver. Minimum of three (3) consecutive years driving experience.
* Must have a criminal background check. (Conducted by CCPS).
* Hiring is conditional upon the candidate passing a physical examination required by the State Department of Transportation. (Conducted by CCPS).
Education America Network
- 15 months ago - save job