Substitute Education Assistant work allows for a very flexible work schedule, as many current substitutes accept assignments that coordinate with their other employment, schooling, or family/community obligations.
All substitute staff must under go a criminal background check and possess positive employment references.
Applicants for substitute teaching receive correspondence concerning the status of their application through the email address used in their application.
- Completion of an online application.
- Positive personal/employment references
with email addresses.
PLEASE INFORM YOUR REFERENCES THAT THEY WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL REFERENCE SURVEY FROM THE SIOUX FALLS SCHOOL DISTRICT
Applications without completed reference surveys will not be considered.
- Email account and telephone (or cellphone)
- Access to personal reliable transportation
Rate of pay:
$10.76 per hour
High School Diploma or GED. Previous Experience working with students.
The physical demands of this job may include general activity such as sitting, standing, walking, bending, squatting, kneeling, pushing and pulling throughout the school day. The position requires carrying and lifting of body weight and/or objects/equipment as well as pushing/pulling forces of individuals in wheelchairs and adaptive devices from1 to 40 pounds continuously, 40-60 pounds frequently and from 60 to 99 pounds occasionally.
1. Assists students in accessing transportation.
2. Provides personal care to students with special daily living needs (e.g., toileting, feeding, physical management) in accordance with established safety competencies.
3. Provides review and practice of skills taught by a teacher with students 1:1 and in small groups in special education classroom and/or regular classroom.
4. Works with students in schools and in community sites.
5. Prepares instructional materials as directed/selected by teacher.
6. Reinforces instructional/behavioral objectives with children as directed by the teacher/therapist.
7. Provides assistance to maintaining student records (charting, assignments, attendance, data for progress notes).
8. Monitors identified student(s) in lunchroom/on playground.
9. Maintain the confidentiality of students and their families.
10. May be requested by administration to transport students using personal vehicle.
11. Assists with management of student behavior.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Please contact Rhonda Iddings at 605-367-7660 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Relay Services for Hearing Impaired: Dial 711, then the desired number.