To apply, go to www.lewistonpublicschools.org Click on green job postings button on the right hand side of screen, click on the position you wish to apply for and follow instructions.
Lewiston Public Schools
Substitute Food Service Worker
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This is an entry-level position to fill in for other dining services positions.
- Assist in maintaining high standard of nutrition for the school dining service program.
- Assist in preparing, cooking and serving the menu at school to which assigned.
- Responsible for following all established sanitation procedures.
- Assist in money and meal accountability.
- Responsible for washing and sanitizing food service utensils.
- Responsible for correct equipment use and reporting of needed maintenance.
- Responsible for all other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with other employees and students.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to use a personal computer with database, spreadsheet and word-processing software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely both in oral and written communication.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirement and School Committee policies.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.