The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
The Kitchen Aide is responsible for assisting in the implementation of food services in a Head Start program serving children. Responsibilities include assisting in preparing attractive, USDA-approved meals; keeping the kitchen and classroom areas clean and sanitary according to Health Department ordinances; and maintaining adequate food stocks, kitchen supplies, and nutrition records.
Nutritious Cooking: Assists Cook in the preparation of nutritious meals that take into consideration children’s various cultures and individual nutritional needs.
- Understands and uses child nutritional needs and age-specific portion sizes to prepare meals in accordance with
- Understands and strictly adheres to health, safety, food handling and sanitation requirements before, during and after
- Follows menu guidelines and adjusts when necessary due to an availability of menu items or an individual child’s
The Kitchen Aides’s responsibilities chiefly fall within the following core functions, although s/he may perform other tasks as needed.
1. Prepare family-style meals for children, volunteers and staff.
2. Store food and supplies properly.
3. Perform physical inventory of equipment and/or supplies.
4. Take the temperature of cooked food that will be transported to make sure it has the holding temperature of 140 F or
5. Maintain the safety of the environment for staff and children.
6. Wash and store dishes.
7. Clean and sanitize food transport carrier daily.
8. Maintain cleanliness of kitchen at all times.
9. Ensure disposal of garbage each school day.
10. Maintain and be aware of center allergies and concerns.
11. Assist in delivery of food to classrooms.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred, plus current food handler’s certificate preferred.
- Knowledge of early childhood nutrition.
- Lift and move heavy and/or bulky objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Pass physical examination and all Head Start/licensing required background checks.
- Must be able to obtain ServSafe certification within 90 days of hire.
Acelero Learning - 20 months ago
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build...