We are accepting applications for those interested in being a substitute nurse for the 2012-2013 school year.
Bachelors degree in Nursing and the following:
- Currently licensed as a Professional Registered Nurse by the MN Board of Nursing.
- Currently certified as a Public Health Nurse by the MN Department of Health.
- Currently licensed as a Public School Nurse by the Minnesota Department of Education (if not currently licensed, will be required to obtain license).
Experience working in a school setting.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate through the nursing process the health and developmental status of the preschool and school-aged child.
- Provide for the administration of medication and treatments necessary for students to remain in school during the school day.
- Promote and maintain the optimal health and well being of students, families and school personnel through health counseling.
- Develop and implement the health component of the Individual Education Plan (IEP) for students with disabilities or handicapping conditions that affect the students' education.
- Develop and implement the health component of the Individual Health Plan (IHP) for students with disabilities or handicapping conditions that require accommodations to attend school.
- Survey, report and assist in the prevention and control of communicable disease in students.
- Develop and maintain a system of first aid and emergency care.
- Assess and recommend school safety measures and promote a healthy school environment.
- Provide consultation, assist in locating resource materials, and assist in the instruction of students in health education.
- Refer students and families to appropriate community resources to respond to students health needs.
- Collaborate with the Child Abuse Team to efficiently and effectively assess and report possible child abuse, neglect, and/or sexual abuse.
- Collaborate with public and private health care providers to improve services to students.
- Establish and/or maintain a pupil health record that contains the health status of the student, a record of immunization and a chronological history of physical and mental health problems or conditions that may affect the education of the student.
- Report suspected communicable diseases to the St. Paul Department of Health.
- Report suspected cases of child abuse to the police and appropriate administrator(s).
- Implement the Board of Education policies relating to health such as: Administration of Medications, Child Abuse, Public Use of School Records, Immunization, and Accidents/First Aid.
- Maintain the data privacy of all individual physical, emotional, and social issues of students and staff and act as the primary data privacy keeper of the Pupil Health Record.
- Contribute to the District's inclusive workplace efforts by fostering a safe, welcoming and respectful environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Student Wellness Administrator or the Principal.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Nurse substitutes are paid the rate of $110 per day. Benefits are not available for this position.
How To Apply
To be considered further, please apply for this position and attach a resume and cover letter to your online application.
The Human Resource Department will review your application materials and contact you regarding the next steps.
To attach additional documents to your online application, click on the "Additional Attachments" link from the applicant homepage and upload your documents as attachments. Valid file extensions for attaching a document include .doc, .txt, .rtf, and .pdf.
Transcript - Unofficial transcripts are accepted at the time of hire. You must submit official transcripts within 30 days of your start date. Formal credential evaluation is required for post-secondary education completed outside of the United States.
Veteran's Preference - If you are an eligible veteran applying for a job where veteran's preference applies and wish to claim Veterans Preference you must submit a legible copy of your DD214 to the Human Resource Department with your employment application. If your claim is approved, five or ten additional points will be added to your final passing score.
Criminal Background Investigation and Reference Checks - Reference checks and a criminal background investigation will be completed as a condition of hire for all new employees and for former employees who have not been employed by the District for more than six months.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Paul Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.
Saint Paul Public Schools - 19 months ago