This position serves as a Substitute Floater for a Head Start center. The Substitute Floater will work collaboratively with the teaching staff and Center Director to ensure the successful operation of a classroom of children. The Substitute Floater also works with a team of other classroom Assistant Teachers and family members to ensure that the Creative Curriculum is maintained to achieve outcomes for children of all abilities. The Substitute Floater will ultimately be evaluated on a combination of skills, dispositions and behaviors, some of which are related to the specific service area of this position and others that represent general expectations of all Acelero Learning employees. The Substitute Floater will demonstrate competency to perform functions that include:
Child Growth & Development: Uses knowledge of the principles of child growth and development to work with children and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
· Maintains a child-centered curriculum and learning environment that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement in learning, and self-motivation to promote development in all domains for children of all abilities.
· Addresses challenging behaviors by observing to determine possible causes of the behavior, implementing preventive measures, teaching the child new social and communication skills and partnering with families to support the child at home.
· Uses observations of children and anecdotal notes to document children’s progress and individualize curriculum.
General Professional Competencies:
· Planning & Evaluation
· Professional Development
The Substitute Floater’s responsibilities chiefly fall within the following core functions, although s/he may perform other tasks as needed:
A) Communication and Service Coordination
B) Record Keeping and Reporting
C) On-going Monitoring/Self-assessment
D) Planning and implementing learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children,
including improving the readiness of children for school by developing their literacy and phonemic, print, and numeracy awareness, their understanding and use of language, their understanding and use of increasingly complex and varied vocabulary, their appreciation of books, and their problem solving abilities.
E) Establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy learning environment.
F) Supporting the social and emotional development of children.
G) Encouraging the involvement of the families of the children in a Head Start program and supporting the development
of relationships between children and their families.
· High School Diploma or equivalent . Prior teaching experience with children preferred.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Able to lift a child weighing 40 pounds, 20 times a day if needed.
· Basic computer literacy in email usage, word processing and internet navigation.
· Pass physical examination and all Head Start/licensing required background checks.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
Acelero Learning - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build...