National Heritage Academies is seeking a SUBSTITUTE TEACHER at Summerfield Charter Academy located in Summerfield, NC. This is an on-call, as needed substitute teaching opportunity.
National Heritage Academies (NHA) partners with community groups to build and operate public charter schools. Founded in 1995, today NHA partners with 80 K-8 schools in 9 states serving over 50,000 students. NHA is one of the largest charter school management organizations designed to eliminate achievement gaps and prepare our students for success in high school, college and beyond.
Substitute teaching staff is held accountable for all teaching and classroom management responsibilities in the absence of the primary teacher. Flexibility is needed as these roles will be required to rotate throughout the school and be called on an “on-call” basis.
We are seeking candidates that are reliable and punctual in order to provide continuity and stability in the classroom and that demonstrate moral focus and personal values to students in everyday settings. Successful candidates will be self-starters with effective classroom management skills, strong leadership capabilities, and a passion for education.
Essential duties are as follows:
• Follow the lesson plan provided by the classroom teacher.
• Maintain appropriate records such as attendance and grades as directed by the classroom teacher.
• Establish and maintain order in the classroom.
• Maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning.
• Take all reasonable precautions to protect the safety and security of students, materials, equipment and facilities.
• Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules and administrative regulations.
Certified teachers are encouraged to apply. This is an excellent opportunity for teachers to get their foot in the door with a successful and rapidly growing organization.
NC – Candidate must have a minimum of 48 semester hours from a college or university or passing scores on ACT WorkKeys or ETS Parapro exam.
NC-Summerfield-Summerfield Charter Academy
Summerfield Charter Academy
National Heritage Academies - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard