DC Prep, a public charter school, seeks energetic, experienced, and dependable substitute teachers. Substitute teachers will work in our PreSchool through 8th grade classrooms at DC Prep's Edgewood Campuses and/or in our PreSchool and PreKindergarten program at DC Prep's Benning Elementary Campus. Substitute teachers are paid at a rate of $18.75 per hour.
• Adhere to discipline policy as articulated by the school;
• Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities;
• Share responsibility during the school day for the supervision of students in all areas of the school;
• Plan and prepare classroom setting, oversee safety and educational programs, and supervise children in the classroom;
• Provide a supportive environment in which children can learn and practice appropriate and acceptable individual and group behaviors; and
• Create a classroom environment conducive to learning by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution;
• Experience teaching or assisting in an urban environment;
• Available to work an extended school day from 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
• Share DC Prep's belief that a great education can make all the difference in a child's future.
• Applicants must clear a background check and provide three professional references.
DC Prep - 19 months ago