Ovations Food Services, LP is currently experiencing dramatic growth in the number of new and expanding venues we presently manage and operate. Whenever possible, we promote from within and strongly encourage our qualified employees to apply for positions within the company. If you are excited about taking your experience and skills to the next level, are open to relocation and think you meet the qualifications and expectations of the open position(s) posted, we look forward to hearing from you! |
Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
Ovations Food Services, LP, an affiliate of Comcast-Spectacor, is the second fastest-growing food service provider in the US. We deliver world-class food and beverage service to convention centers, stadiums, arenas, race tracks, fairgrounds and casinos throughout North America. Since our inception in 2000, we have experienced double-digit growth. Ovations operates foodservice in such prestigious venues as the Rose Garden Arena, home to the NBA Portland Trail Blazers and Jacksonville Municipal Stadium, home to the NFL Jacksonville Jaguars. See www.ovationsfoodservices.com for more company information.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and energetic Suites Manager to join the Ovations Concessions department at the Rose Garden Arena in Portland, Oregon.
The Suites Manager coordinates suite level activities at the venue into a team effort that contributes to the successful execution of all events. The Suites Manager enforces all Ovations personnel and operating policies and procedures. The Suites Manager plans, organizes, and executes the service requirements of each event and determines all scheduling and product components required to properly service events within budgetary guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordination of suite level services to ensure a high level of suite holder satisfaction in all pertinent areas of the event experience.
- Ensures staff is briefed on event requirements and assigned to a specific area prior to events.
- Enforces all Ovations and venue policies and procedures as they relate to guest satisfaction, quality standards, uniform policy, cash handling, operating procedures, and quality presentation.
- Ensures all policies and procedures regarding accounting and cash handling practices are followed.
- Conducts a walk-through of suites and pantry areas after completion of the event to ensure all areas are clean.
- Provides on-going direction, supervision and mentoring to hourly event staff. Monitors product quality and ensures high level of guest service.
- Assists in the on-going training, development, mentoring and supervision of hourly employees. Responsible for completing documentation of employee performance and attendance issues in accordance with company policy and practice.
- Ensures total compliance with all alcohol service policies. Monitors alcohol service throughout event to assure 100% compliance with Alcohol Service policies. Reports any alcohol service or compliance issues to Ovations management immediately.
- Assists in troubleshooting technical problems with Point of Sale Systems, from both a hardware and software perspective.
- Generates event employee schedules and verifies employee time for the Suites Department.
- Assist in the on-going training, development, mentoring and supervision of hourly employees. Responsible for completing documentation of employee performance and attendance issues in accordance with company policy and practice.
- Assists with the coordination of catering functions as business priorities warrant.
- Assists in development of other business activities, community participation in appropriate groups and all other assignments as directed by the General Manager or Assistant General Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Valid Food Handlers certificate if required by state and/or county of venue.
- Valid Alcohol Service Permit if required by state and/or county of venue.
- Basic computer proficiency: E-mail, Excel, Word, Outlook, Schedule+.
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale and timekeeping systems.
- Cash handling abilities; basic math skills including significant number manipulation.
- Ability to work a variable work schedule (including evenings and weekends, as required), depending upon event and business requirements.
- Familiar with inventory cost control and menu planning.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and coordinate various activities simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, NFP volunteers, and business contacts
in a courteous and professional manner.
- Able to be self-directed in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of employee scheduling in a hospitality environment.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Concessions Manager Certificate from the National Association of Concessionaires.
- Nationally recognized, advanced food service sanitation training course certification.
- High school graduate or equivalent, plus 1-3 years food service management experience. Catering management experience a plus.
CareerBuilder - 19 months ago
Ovations Food Services is a company whose purpose is to deliver fresh food and beverage with exceptional services to public assembly...