Provide Retention Outreach support to new and returning students under the supervision of the Associate Vice President ( AVP ) for Student Development. Perform various types of office support. Assist during New Student Orientation ( NSO ).
1. Lead a summer program for contacting all returning students to ensure their needs are being met as they prepare to return for the fall. This summer program will also contact all new students to verify attendance in the fall.
2. Maintain regular office hours to ensure the consistency of services provided.
3. Encourage student involvement and participation in visiting and utilizing the resources of PLNU .
4. Under the leadership of the AVP , maintain a working knowledge of engagement and retention issues for students and other campus entities. Become a resource person people consult when seeking information and assistance regarding engagement programs.
5. Provide office support to the AVP as needed and called upon.
6. Communicate regularly with the Admissions Office, Academic Advising, and other Centers on campus to ensure the work of the retention programs integrates with, supports, and helps influence the rest of the campus.
7. Support the Student Development Offices in all of its activities as called upon by the Vice President, the Associate Vice President and the Department Assistant, or other staff.
- Must be currently enrolled at PLNU
- Be able to work 30 – 40 hours each week
- A student that can commit to the whole summer, including NSO .
- Outstanding public relations and verbal skills
- Knowledgeable (even passionate) about student retention and outreach
- Organized, good writer, and can pay attention to detail
- Good relationship skills; able to interface well with every level of public contact
- Cross-cultural skills; experience in other countries/cultures
- Strong work ethic and able to work with little supervision
- Basic to intermediate MS Word and Excel skills required
- Able to type 30 – 40 words per minute
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Walking – delivering paperwork to various offices on campus.
Phone – Heavy phone usage (headset provided).
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Point Loma Nazarene University - 18 months ago