Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Those Labels located in New York City under the Sony Music Entertainment umbrella include: Arista Records, Battery Records, Burgundy Records, Columbia Records, Epic Records, J Records, Jive Records, Legacy Recordings, RCA Records, SONY Masterworks, Verity Records and Windham Hill.
Duties will vary depending on department. Interns may be responsible for special projects, database maintenance, sending out promotional mailings, conducting research, answering phones, writing reports, proofreading, and general administrative functions, such as filing, faxing, copying and distribution.
We are currently looking for interns in the following departments:
Artist and Repertoire
Sales/ Retail Marketing
TV/ Film/ Soundtracks
Business and Legal Affairs*
(*Must be enrolled in Law School)
- All candidates must be currently enrolled in a college or university.
- Candidates should display strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as ingenuity and an eagerness to learn.
- Candidates must also possess excellent computer skills (Word, Excel and Outlook preferred) and strong organizational skills.
- An interest in the music/entertainment business is strongly preferred.
- Students will be asked to intern at least fifteen hours a week but we will try our best to work around student’s schedules.
- Students must provide a letter from their college or university confirming that they will receive school credit. Our internships are for credit only.
Sony Music Entertainment - 15 months ago
Sony Corporation of America (SCA) is a wholly owned subsidiary and the US headquarters of Japan's mighty Sony Corporation. Based in New...