Summer Camp Counselor-WES00740
Life Time Kids is here to partner with parents, together creating a healthy and happy way of life for their children. As a Summer Camp Counselor at Life Time, you will have the opportunity to lead children through a variety of activities including rock climbing, swimming, weekly field trips, arts & crafts, gym games and more. Our unique approach incorporates nutrition education with weekly-themed camps providing a high level of fun for children from ages three to 12 years. As a Life Time Counselor you will be a partner in our continued approach to grow healthy, happy kids.
- Continually keep campers active and engaged in fun and challenging activities while maintaining a safe environment.
- Follow and execute activities according to pre-designed daily lesson plans.
- Lead a group of up to 10 campers ages 3-12 with a fun, positive and outgoing attitude
- Act as a role model to all children attending camp
- Interact with children, parents/guardians and co-workers in a professional manner at all times
- Understand and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures for camps.
- Attend and pass Life Time Summer Camp Counselor Certification.
- GED or High School diploma; or must be actively working towards a High School diploma.
- One year working in a camp environment or coaching/teaching children preferred.
Applicant must complete all state or federal requirements prior to first day of directly working with children or within other specified timeframe. Requirements vary by state. A complete list of requirements is available from the hiring manager.
These requirements may include but are not limited to:
- Tuberculosis test
- All required vaccinations (or signed exemption)
- Fingerprints taken by a local police department for a background check
- Background checks required by state specific child care licensing laws that are in addition to Life Time background check
- Continuing education courses for continued employment in working with children
- Infant and Children First Aid and CPR Certifications
All requirements must be completed at the cost of the applicant, unless prohibited by law.
Primary Location: : CO-Westminster - WST - Westminster
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Life Time Fitness - 19 months ago