Sport & Health improves lives…starting with yours! Our culture emulates who we are and what we do. We are Passionate, Positive, Focused and Driven. Ready to be a difference maker? Then, we have opportunities for you!
Over the past 30 plus years, Sport & Health has grown to be Washington, DC’s largest family of health clubs. With over 20 locations throughout DC, Maryland and Virginia, we offer a home a way from home to over 100,000 members and 3,000 employees. Sport & Health clubs feature state of the art fitness equipment, a wide variety of energizing group exercise classes at all levels, pilates, yoga, swimming, basketball, tennis, racquetball, squash and so much more! Living a healthy lifestyle is a family affair at Sport & Health. Most of our clubs offer fun challenging children’s programs for all ages and even go the extra step by providing child care for your children in our Kids Klubs during your workouts. Work hard, play hard is the name of the game at Sport Health so when our members & employees finish their workouts or just need to relax, we have just the thing- in club steam, sauna and whirlpools. Looking to really unwind? Go no further. We also own and operate 3 luxurious full service day spas- Serenity Day Spas of Old Town Alexandria, Herndon, VA and Washington, DC!
Sport&Health is seeking a Summer Camp Counselor who is responsible for working with children during various activities. Each Counselor must have a love for working with kids in a sports and activity focused camp. The Counselor interacts positively and professionally with both children and parents while monitoring safety at all times.
Sport&Health requires a passionate, positive, focused and driven Summer Camp Counselor.
Candidates must have:
We offer competitive pay, flexible hours, fun and energetic environment, career advancement, FREE health club membership and more!
- H.S. Diploma or GED preferred or be minimum of 16 years of age and a current H.S. student in good standing with proper work permit documents.
- Six (6) months experience working with children.
- CPR/AED required.
- Must pass background check by state and federal authorities.
- Knowledge of basic babysitting practices and techniques.
- Ability to create a fun, interactive and secure environment for children.
- Ability to communicate effectively nonverbally; providing appropriate eye contact, smiles and body language, and verbally when giving and taking information over the phone and in person to both children AND parents.
- Ability to courteously and firmly interact with children AND parents to maintain safety and health standards.
- Ability to remain flexible in order to adapt to changing work environments.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks.
- Exhibit a professional and polite appearance and demeanor.
Sport&Health is an equal opportunity employer.
- NO phone calls, inquiries, please!
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Candidates outside of the DC Metro area are welcome to apply but if selected for an interview, they must be willing to travel at own cost.
- Relocation assistance is not offered
Seeking persons who have attended USTA 10 and Under Workshop.
Sport & Health Inc - 17 months ago
For over 30 years, Sport & Health has had its finger on the pulse of the D.C. metropolitan area. Locally owned and operated, our clubs...