While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- Must be enrolled in an approved, credited, Culinary Institute or college internship program focused on culinary arts or hospitality.
- Interns must complete the agreed program time frame.
- Internship program requirements from the college will need to be presented prior to internship approval.
- Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks, have a sense of urgency to complete projects and be detail oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Computer literate: Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point. Adaptable to learning new and customized software programs)
- Adept at managing fast paced environment and putting people at ease
- Comfortable interfacing with a diverse group of individuals
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English
- Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. We require consent to pre-employment drug testing for all positions.
Our internship program is designed for hospitality/culinary students who have a primary focus or interest in the Culinary area within a hotel/resort/conference center. Interns will be required to work a 40 hour/week shift in the Culinary area of the Food and Beverage Department typically for a period of 10-12 weeks.
Our Culinary internship assignment is a rotational experience and will include classroom training and on-the-job experience within the Culinary Area of the hotel. Additionally, interns will receive mid-season and end-of-season reviews and each intern will be assigned a property manager as a mentor.
Our expectations are that candidates selected will truly want to learn and experience first hand their areas of focus while also learning what guest service is all about within the hospitality industry. We expect a willingness to work in all aspects of the department while maintaining excellent service standards.
As a Culinary Intern you will be introduced to all areas of the kitchen. You will learn how to determine the amount of prep work necessary for upcoming banquet, conference, and restaurant business and assist in this preparation. You will learn how to set up a station, including pastry and line set-ups. You will assist in cooking these “prepped” items to their finished product. You will learn how to break down your station, including the storage of unused items.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts
- 2 years ago - save job