Imagine joining a group of individualseach with their own unique
skills and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Located in San Antonio, Texas Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas (GSSWT) is a community-based organization dedicated to building girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. Serving 21 counties in Southeast Texas, GSSWT has more than 30,000 girls and adult members.
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world's preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of more than 3.2 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, GSUSA helps cultivate values, social conscience and self-esteem in young girls, while also teaching them critical life skills that will enable them to succeed as adults. In Girl Scouting and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and power of girls together.
We are seeking career professionals committed to making a difference. Working with the Girl Scoutsan organization with a solid history and a growing futuremeans working to your full potential in a dynamic and diverse environment.
Camp Counselor Summer Day Camp
As the Camp Mira Sol Counselor, you will assist in managing day-to-day camp outdoor programs implementation for girls in grades K-12. Camp programs may include, but are not limited to: cookouts, hiking, games, art projects, folk dancing, swimming, drama and singing.
- Share in the leadership responsibilities of the unit as delegated by the Assistant Camp Director or Camp Director.
- Know each girl in the unit and share the interests of each. Since all girls have an opportunity to attend this camp, you will work with girls from a variety of racial, economic and religious backgrounds. As a staff member you must be able to accept and try to understand each girl with whom you work.
- Be aware of the health and physical well-being of the campers and report any concerns to the Health Supervisor, Assistant Camp Director or Camp Director.
- Under the direction of the Assistant Camp Director and Camp Director, help girls plan and implement activities for the unit.
- Assist in unit and camp housekeeping, sanitation, care of supplies and equipment at all times and any specific assignment as directed. Report Assistant Camp Director or Camp Director any repairs or supplies that are needed.
- Assist in promoting a positive image for the camp. Share responsibilities for building good relations with parents and visitors to camp.
- Assist with record keeping, requisitions, caring for supplies and equipment at all times. Responsible for any specific assignment as directed.
- Help all campers have pride in the camp and their unit. Guide campers in a positive manner in accepting responsibility for the care and beauty of their surroundings.
- Participate in all camp activities as assigned sharing leadership roles and responsibilities at camp functions.
- Follow Girl Scout Safety Checkpoints and adhere to all national and local council policies, procedures and plans.
- Attend all staff meetings, pre-camp training and post-camp wrap up.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience :
- Must be at least 18 years of age (21 years of age and over preferred) and enjoy working with youth on a one on one basis.
- Must be available Monday-Friday to ride bus with campers daily from either the Sally Cheever Leadership Center (811 N. Coker Loop, San Antonio, Texas 78216) or Louis Hayes Park (202 Thompson Drive, Kerrville, Texas 78028).
- Pre-camp training is required, including Red Cross first aid and CPR training.
- Must be available Monday-Friday from June 3-August 16.
- Girl Scout experience, especially outdoor experience, is a plus.
Nonessential Skills and Experience :
- Organized and detail oriented. Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple demands under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent judgment, with the ability to work independently and with campers at each age level to create a meaningful camp experience.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Commitment to Girl Scout values, including an unequivocal commitment to pluralism.
- Must be willing to submit to background check.
- Willingness to work flexible hours Monday-Friday.
Camp Location :
- Bilingual (Spanish/English).
- Red Cross CPR and First Aid Certified
Camp Mira Sol is a day camp nestled in the Texas Hill Country on a plateau overlooking the Guadalupe River, and is located approximately 40 miles north of San Antonio.
To Apply :
To respond to this opportunity, please go to:
Insperity - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -