HuffPost Miami is seeking a hard-working, web-savvy summer intern with an interest in all facets of Miami, from local news to new businesses to the best burrito in Midtown to the latest celebrity spotting at LIV. Interns are given significant hands-on editorial training and responsibilities and will write and curate daily content for the site.
The ideal candidate will be extremely detail-oriented, energetic, and efficient; an avid communicator and team player; an excellent writer/copyeditor; an active consumer of online media; and completely obsessed with Miami. He/she must have interest in Miami’s political life and the news that defines this city, from the moguls who control it to the characters who play in it. Experience with Photoshop, publishing, and HTML preferred; ability to spot a hot-button story or viral video and produce content with accuracy a must.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Pitching and writing original story ideas
- Suggesting stories for aggregation
- Researching, writing, and copy editing original content
- Researching, writing, and copy editing clicky slideshows
- Other general assignments working closely with HuffPost Miami editors
Requirements for Success:
- Demonstrated interest in the local issues of Miami
- An extremely strong writer/copy editor
- Experience with Photoshop preferred
- Content Management System experience strongly preferred (WordPress, Moveable Type, etc.)
- Familiarity with social media
- Ability to communicate clearly both in person and online.
- Adaptable to changing goals
- Active consumer of online media
This internship is located in our Miami, FL office, and is open to current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates (Only December 2012 and later graduates will be considered for this role). It is a full-time, paid role--40 hrs/week, $10.00/hr. This internship will run from early June through mid August.
About HuffPost- The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 50 million monthly unique visitors (comScore November, 2012) posting more than 8 million comments each month. The site has more than 40,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, Spain, and Italy with Japan and more scheduled to launch in the coming months.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
AOL - 14 months ago
Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of content...