This External Affairs position provides a student with hands on experience working in the D.C. office of an energy company while assisting WPX with our staffing needs. Responsibilities will range depending on staff needs as well as the experience, academic path and desires of the candidate. Candidates must possess strong communication skills both written and verbal. Candidates must be able to work independently and complete assigned tasks.
Examples of potential responsibilities:
1. Serve as the first face in the DC office by working the front desk and answering the main telephone line.
2. Maintain office space by keeping front office and coffee area orderly.
3. Attend Congressional hearings with or for WPX staff and prepare detailed memorandum on the hearing.
4. Attend meetings on the Hill and with select federal agencies with WPX staff where appropriate.
5. Work on specific projects as assigned like researching vote records, pending legislation and regulatory issues.
6. Monitor and track legislation with impacts to WPX.
A candidate must be a graduate student, an undergraduate student or a recent graduate. Strong preference for candidates from WPX asset states (OK, CO, ND, NM, PA or WY) or with degree programs focused on an energy related field.
WPX Energy - 10 months ago
WPX Energy specializes in producing natural gas, natural gas liquids and oil from non-conventional resources such as tight-sands and shale...