Inclusion Counselors work one-on-one with children with developmental and/or physical disabilities and support individuals with disabilities to participate in summer camp programs.
Summer Inclusion Counselors are needed to work at one or more of the following camps:
All camps run from 6/11/13 – 8/09/13.
- Aquatics and Fitness Center Camp
- Camp Escape (Drew Steele Center)
- Eppes Recreation Center Day Camp
- Jaycee Jamboree Camp (Jaycee Park)
- Sports Plus Camp (H. Boyd Lee Park)
- South Greenville Day Camp
Work schedules are as follows:
Examples of Duties:
- Aquatics and Fitness Center Camp ~ 7:30am - 6pm
- Camp Escape ~ 8:45am - 3:00pm
- Jaycee Jamboree Camp ~ 7am - 6pm
- Sports Plus Camp ~ 7:30am - 6:00pm
- South Greenville Day Camp ~ 9am - 3:30pm
- Ability to modify activities and environments so campers with special needs can participate fully;
- Ability to provide personal care which may require lifting up to 50 pounds;
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions;
- Ability to maintain effective and courteous working relationships with campers, parents, employees, community organization partners, and the general public;
- Ability to understand and abide by Greenville Recreation and Parks Department policies and procedures;
- Ability to promote good conduct and act as a role model for campers;
- Ability to express maturity in thought and work habits.
Minimum age (as of June 1, 2013): 18
- Previous experience working with individuals with developmental and/or physical disabilities (2 years experience strongly preferred);
- Valid CPR and first aid certifications prior to start of c&
- North Carolina Intervention (NCI) Certification and Medication Administration Certification preferred.
Pay Rate: $10.50- $11.50 per hour, depending on qualifications.
Applications must be received on or before April 21, 2013 to be considered for employment. The first review of applications will begin on March 1, 2013.
City of Greenville, NC - 17 months ago