An internship with ASR Group is a great way to apply what you’ve learned in the classroom. We offer the opportunity to experience what work may be like after graduation and to build a foundation for your career.
As an intern at ASR Group, you’ll be part of a team working together with professionals in your field. You’ll gain experience working for a top tier food manufacturer that will help you to develop skills you’ll carry forward and build relationships that
you will likely continue even after your internship ends.
Candidate will be required to assist the engineers in performing energy evaluation studies, reviewing capital projects and developing maintenance schedules. Other duties may include:
- Perform basic engineering calculations to assist in energy studies
- Review and comment on preventative maintenance programs
- Help develop capital project specifications
- Help develop SOWs for project work / equipment installation
- Assist with the development and coordination of project schedules
- Review and understand current engineering metrics and calculations
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic AutoCAD skills helpful
- Must be actively pursuing of a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- You are expected to meet the employment standards that our regular full time employees would meet
- You must be eligible to work in the United States and have a strong academic record (3.0 GPA or better)
- You must be at least entering your junior or senior year in college and have completed some course work toward a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older
- You must be available to work a minimum of six (6) consecutive weeks during the months of May through August 2013.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to write clearly and accurately, and strong verbal communication skills are essential.
- Prior related experience is a plus.
- As part of the hiring process, you must successfully complete a background investigation, reference check, and pre-placement physical and drug screen.
American Sugar Refining Inc. - 12 months ago