The intern for Distribution Sales & Strategic Planning will be responsible for creating an onboarding manual for new client integrations & cleaning up Salesforce.com database to ensure it is accurately representing marketplace. It will also assist in regularly scheduled reports, help update list of industry acquisition activity and other major initiatives, assist with market analysis by data mining industry information sources. Some of the tasks will be reoccurring (reports), and others will be project driven.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• College juniors and seniors who are candidates for a B.S. or B.A. degree
• Majors preferred: English, Creative Writing, Communications, Media, Public Relations, Marketing, Business or related course of study
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings regardless of audience
• Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed
• Proven ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization
• Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite tools including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
• Previous internships in publishing industry a plus
This is a paid internship opportunity. Students will be paid a competitive hourly rate. Students must also be able to make arrangements to live in the NYC area over the course of the program. While we are able to provide some informal advice, we do not have an official housing program.
Hachette Book Group - 12 months ago
Hachette Book Group goes by the book. The division of Hachette Livre is home to book publisher Little, Brown and hardcover, mass market,...