Various Functions (see summary for details)
: 12 weeks
) is a diversified enterprise with multiple subsidiaries focused around two separate operating platforms:
- The Process Equipment Group designs, produces, markets, sells, and services bulk solids material handling equipment and systems for a wide variety of industries. It is comprised of three operating units: K-Tron (
), focusing primarily on feeding and pneumatic conveying equipment, doing business under two main brands: K-Tron Feeders and K-Tron Premier; TerraSource Global (
) concentrating on reduction/crushing equipment, conveying systems and screening equipment, operating under three brands: Pennsylvania Crusher, Gundlach and Jeffrey Rader; and Rotex (
), focused primarily on screening and separators under the brand names: Apex, Rotex and Megatex.
) is a recognized leader in the North American funeral products industry, where it has been designing, manufacturing, distributing, and selling funeral service products and solutions to licensed funeral directors operating licensed funeral homes for more than 100 years. Batesville-branded products include: burial caskets; cremation caskets; containers; vaults, urns; burial vaults; selection room display fixturing for funeral homes; personalization and memorialization products and services; and web-based applications which include the creation and hosting of websites for licensed funeral homes.
Internship Summary and Functional Highlights
As an intern, you will work for either Hillenbrand, Inc. or Batesville, both located in Batesville, IN. Our internships provide an opportunity for you to gain valuable hands-on experience within a function at an award winning company. You will gain exposure to a unique business and industry, company executives, Lean business systems and develop corporate business acumen. Opportunities are available within the following areas:
Business/Enterprise Information Systems
(IT) - ranked top 500 Information Technology team by Information Week
Create and innovate technology solutions to represent and grow our Connectivity Suite which includes WebLink, ObitLink, and TributeLink.
- Play a strategic role as a business partner by way of: Compensation & Benefits, Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, etc.
- Hone your skills through development opportunities in the areas of: Audit, Tax, Financial Reporting, Financial Analysis, or Sales Administration
- Join a highly responsive logistics network which provides: Greater than 99% on time delivery, Daily delivery to more than 65% of our customers, White glove service.
(Manufacturing/Engineering) - Gain lean expertise by learning and demonstrating proven Toyota Production Systems principles.
(Cremation Products) - Develop and market new products in a market with increasing growth potential.
- Conduct cutting edge consumer research, recognized by the American Marketing Association.
Internship At a Glance
- Flex your entrepreneurial spirit by participating in the launch of Batesville's newest business unit.
Functional project based assignments spanning 10-12 weeks
Interim and final review
Lean business systems education
Functional Lunch and Learns
Education and Experience Required
Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited college or university (at time of application)
Must have cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Sophomore and Junior students preferred
Demonstrated leadership ability
Excellent written and verbal communication
Strong learning agility
Self-starter with a results driven mentality
Basic Microsoft Office skills required
View all of our career opportunities at
At Batesville Casket, we strive to build a diverse work force through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer.
Human Resources & Administration
Human Resources & Administration
Batesville Casket Company - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Batesville Casket Company is headquartered in Batesville, Indiana; a small town with strong Midwestern values that guides the way the...