Exciting Summer Laboratory Assistant Intern Position!
We are seeking an enthusiastic and eager individual to experience UL from the inside!
You will work as a member of our laboratory team to perform required laboratory tests necessary to deliver the fastest, highest qulaity and most customer friendly service possible. UL laboratories uphold the most stringent quality control measures and are renowned for innovative equipment design.
This Summer Laboratory Assistant Intern position will pay $9.50/hour and will be responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties as well as assisting other laboratory professionals in conducting product safety investigations.
- Applies varied and moderately complex clerical procedures, methods and techniques to support business functions and processes.
- Assists the laboratory team with various projects or special tasks as needed such as building and/or adapting laboratory setup and test equipment for laboratory tests, examining test samples, reading measuring instruments and reviewing test data with supervisor or other laboratory professionals.
- Assists in recording observed or calculated data on appropriate data sheets and in preparing reports, typing document and filing. May be required to create customer letters.
- Operates designated machines that may include furnaces, ovens, hydraulic equipment, electrical test equipment, temperature measuring devices, tensile testers, analytical balances, meters, hand tools and special laboratory equipment as directed.
- Assists in assembling and/or disassembling test setups as well as conducting standardized tests.
- May read and interpret blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams and operational instructions.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Some University education in an Engineering (Mechanical preferred) or other related technical field. No experience required.
Products that pass the muster of this company get the UL symbol of approval. Underwriters Laboratories (UL) is one of the world's...