The Friendship Summer Learning Academy Teacher falls under the direction of the Friendship Summer Learning Academy Principal. The Summer Learning Academy Teacher plans and provides for appropriate learning experiences for students as well as an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of individuals to ensure success for every student. He/She must foster the success of all students by facilitating the development, communication, implementation and evaluation of a shared vision of learning that reflects excellence during Friendship Summer Learning Academy.
- Strong written, oral communication and human relations skills.
- Knowledge of current, effective Friendship Pubic Charter School instructional and learning practices especially those utilized for remedial instruction.
- Knowledge of Friendship Public Charter School curriculum and ability to implement in a classroom setting.
- Techniques for integrating technology in curriculum.
- Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Ability to work closely and positively with students and parents regarding student development, both academically and socially.
- Uses a variety of instructional methodologies and curriculum resources to prepare and execute lesson plans that reflect a logical sequence of learning objectives and activities based on standards that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Supervises students in a variety of school related settings.
- Monitors and evaluates student outcomes.
- Actively participates in data talks for the purpose of utilizing data to inform instruction and student outcomes
- Provides instruction that reflects multiple perspectives and multicultural education.
- Develops, selects and modifies instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students.
- Administers different forms of student assessments based on assessment calendar.
- Communicates high standards for teaching and learning to students in an interesting, stimulating, and effective manner.
- Employs a variety of processes for gathering, analyzing and using data for decision making related to instruction.
- Maintains student portfolios that reflect student achievement and growth.
- Uses data to make clear, observable changes in teaching.
- Communicates student academic and behavioral progress to parents and other team members through progress reports, report cards, and other documents as deemed necessary.
- Integrates technology in the teaching and professional activities in the classroom.
Enrollment & Operational
- Communicates a clear vision of excellence and continuous improvement consistent with Friendship Summer Learning Academy goals.
- Effectively communicates the mission of Friendship Summer Learning Academy to peers, students and families.
- Works as a team member; sharing common planning, professional development, curriculum design, and teaching responsibilities.
- Creates and maintains a classroom environment that promotes self-esteem and is conducive to effective teaching and learning.
- Establishes standards of classroom conduct and administers them in a fair, equitable, and consistent manner.
- Maintains effective discipline and fosters a safe learning environment and school climate.
- Promotes and able to effectively communicate and develop interpersonal relations among staff, parents, students and community members.
- Handles all discipline cases in accordance with the Friendship Public Charter School’s Code of Conduct.
- Utilizes established channels for handling routine procedures, resolving problems/concerns and making suggestions.
- Demonstrates punctuality and dependability consistently.
- Maintains appropriate records and follows required procedures and practices.
- Adheres and enforces attendance policies and procedures.
- Maintains accurate student records and submits all reports, as required, in a timely fashion.
- Adheres and enforces all procedures and practices prescribed in the Teacher, Student, and/or Parent Summer Learning Academy Handbooks.
- Maintains a current folder of responsibilities and procedures for substitute teacher's use.
- Ensures completion of Friendship Summer Learning Academy survey given to all students and/or parents for the purpose of continual improvement.
- Participates in weekly feedback meetings with SLA Principals.
- Submits Friendship Summer Learning Academy Portfolio based on outlined requirements.
- Actively engages in all required professional development and other aspects of professional growth in order to cultivate current knowledge in regards to student learning and development.
- Participates in weekly staff meetings and professional development activities.
- Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials and facilities.
- Minimum of 1 year of successful teaching experience at one or more levels
- Teaching experience in a summer school program is preferred
- Associate’s degree in applicable field of education from an accredited college or university or 60 hours of college credits
Friendship Public Charter Schools - 15 months ago