Responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy environment for swimming. Responsible for teaching groups during instructional swim periods. Responsible for supervising clients during recreational swim.
1. Care, maintenance and cleanliness of all people and pool areas
2. Keeping up-to-date records of the monthly summary pool report
3. Keeping careful and accuarate records of clients' progress
4. Planning, organizing and implementing recreational games
5. Enforcing all pool and facility rules and regulations in the swimming pool area
6. Ability to plan and adapt programs for the clients
7. Supervision of clients during recreational swim
8. Performs other duties as assigned
High School Diploma required. Current driver's license required. Minimum of one year experience with intellectually disabled preferred. Current certification in advanced lifesaving or lifeguard training from American Red Cross, YMCA, or Ellis & Associates, CPR and First Aid required. Pesticide Applicator's license preferred. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Must be able to hear an active victim's cry for help and see a passive victim in trouble.
Must be agile, physically able to pursue clients on foot, physically restrain, bend, squat, stretch, reach, push up, and stand for several hours at a time.
Must be able to read, write, enter dates, and follow verbal/written directions, prepare written reports, and complete written forms in English.
Must be able to verbally communicate in English and direct clients, respond to clients needs.
Must be 18 years of age or older and must be able to verbally communicate emergency information in English over the phone.
Woods is a leading advocacy and service organization for people with exceptional challenges, disabilities and complex needs.