2013 Summer Nurse Extern Program
You have your goals in sight. Working as a Patient Care Intern at either Georgia Regents Medical Center or the Children’s Hospital of Georgia can help you reach your goals by facilitating your transition from a student nurse in the classroom to an experienced nurse in a premier working environment.
Our program offers nursing students the opportunity to experience formalized on-the –job training in a challenging learning environment under the direct supervision of a Nurse Manager. While participating in many learning opportunities that will enhance your professional development, you will also be compensated!
Georgia Regents (GR) is a world-class healthcare network, offering the most comprehensive primary, specialty and sub-specialty care in the region. GR provides skilled, compassionate care to its patients, conducts leading-edge clinical research, and fosters the medical education and training of tomorrow’s healthcare practitioners.
GR is a pioneer in Patient and Family Centered Care, an approach that removes the barriers to having collaborative partnerships between health care providers, patients and families.
The emphasis is on strengthening clinical practice in an actual practice setting, as well as professional enrichment.
Students must meet the following three eligibility requirements:
1. Be currently enrolled in an accredited School of Nursing AND have completed all junior level classroom and clinical requirements.
2. Have a 3.0 or higher GPA.
3. Hold a current AHA Healthcare Provider BLS certification.
Applicants must complete and provide the following items to the Georgia Regents Human Resources, Talent Acquisition by February 28, 2013:
- Complete an online employment application at www.georgiahealth.org/careers.
- Your top two unit choices, in preference order, must be listed at the top of your resume.
- Submit or have delivered an official copy of your most current academic transcript to GHSHS HR Talent Acquisition at 1515 Pope Ave FG 1104, Augusta, Georgia 30912. Transcripts may be mailed or hand delivered, but must be received by February 28, 2013.
- Submit or have delivered two letters of recommendation (you may also use the STUDENT REFERENCE FORM found on the hospital's career web page) from current your school's nursing faculty to Human Resources at 1515 Pope Ave FG 1104, Augusta, Georgia 30912. References may be mailed, hand delivered or faxed (706-721-1126), but must be received by February 29, 2012.
Be sure to include two unit choices for placement.
- General pediatrics
- Pediatric surgery hematology/oncology
- Adult Operating Room
- Adult PACU
- Pediatric Operating Room
- Pediatric PACU
- Medical Surgery/Renal Transplant
- General Medicine
- CTICU and Shock Trauma
- CCU and Cardiac Access Unit
- Newborn Nursery, OB, L&D
- Admissions, Discharge, and Transfer
- Same Day Surgery
- Emergency Department Adult/Pediatric
Georgia Regents Medical Center - 20 months ago