Summer Program for Operations Research Technology (SPORT)
Spend your summer at NSA further developing your technical skills. As an apprentice to operations research, modeling and simulation analysts at NSA, you'll learn how to apply scientific and quantitative methods to develop innovative solutions to unconventional problems exclusive to the Intelligence Community.
About the Program
The Summer Program for Operations Research Technology (SPORT) is a 12-week internship for graduate students enrolled in an M.S. or Ph.D. program who have experience with simulations or computer programming languages. The goal of this program is to offer top graduate students, who have highly developed operations research skills, an opportunity to apply their academic knowledge in the stimulating professional atmosphere of one of the most advanced intelligence settings in the world.
Applications are accepted September 1st - November 15th each year.
Particular areas of technical interest include: Operations Research, Modeling and Simulation, Industrial Engineering, Management Science/Decision Analysis, Optimization, Mathematical Programming, and Probability and Statistics.
Students are paid a competitive salary commensurate with their education level.
- Receive annual leave, sick leave and paid federal holidays
- Participation in agency-wide extracurricular programs
- Students who attend schools in excess of 75 miles from Ft. Meade, MD, are eligible for a round trip airfare ticket to and from school or mileage reimbursement up to the cost of a government-issued airline ticket.
- Subsidized housing accommodations are available upon request if school is located in excess of 75 miles from NSA main HQs campus
How to Apply
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be eligible to be granted a security clearance
- Must be enrolled in an M.S. or Ph.D. program and have the skills to do OR modeling
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 or above is preferred
- Must be available for an operational interview and other applicable processing between the months of January and April 2013
Applications must be submitted online on or before November 15th. Applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete packets, will not be considered.
To submit a resume online during open season, click any “Apply Online” link. Under “Basic Job Search,” type in keywords “Summer Program for Operations Research Technology,” and click on “search.” Select “Summer Program for Operations Research Technology” and click “Apply Now.” Follow directions as prompted.
To be considered for the SPORT, you must submit a complete application package that includes:
IMPORTANT : When applying online, you may only submit your resume. Please email the requested documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address:
- Official transcripts
- A resume
National Security Agency
Office of Recruitment
9800 Savage Road, Suite 6678
Fort Meade, MD 20755-6678
Applications are not complete without the requested documentation.
If you have questions about the Summer Program for Operations Research Technology, please contact us at the address above or call 1-866-NSA-HIRE. You may also e-mail email@example.com or call (410) 854-4726.
National Security Agency - 14 months ago
NSA employs the U.S.'s premier codemakers and codebreakers. It is said to be the largest employer of mathematicians in the United States and...