NORC at the University of Chicago seeks a Summer Research Assistant to provide project support and research services to the Security, Energy and the Environment (SEE) Department in Bethesda, Maryland on a full time basis from May until August 2013. The rate of pay is $16 per hour for undergraduate level candidates and $18 per hour for graduate student level candidates.
Primary responsibilities include business development research, development of proposal documents, researching government agencies and clients, identifying grants, etc. Secondary responsibilities include literature reviews, analyses of primary and secondary data, and preparation of memos, tables and graphs based on findings.
- Bachelors' Degree
- Outstanding interpersonal, critical reasoning, analytic, and writing skills
- The incumbent must demonstrate entrepreneurial and innovative business development interest
- Strong problem solving capability
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, both independently and in project team
- Strong proficiency with MS Office software
- Interest in security (community resilience, emergency management), energy (hydraulic fracturing, energy efficiency, energy data), environment (climate change, natural resources), and transportation strongly preferred
- Must be available to work full time between May and August 2013
Applications must include
NORC at the University of Chicago is an independent research organization headquartered in downtown Chicago with additional offices on The University of Chicago's campus and in Washington, D.C. and Bethesda, Maryland. NORC also supports a nationwide field staff as well as international research operations. With clients throughout the world, NORC collaborates with government agencies, foundations, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations and businesses to provide the data and analysis that supports informed decision making in key areas including health, education, economics, crime, justice, energy, security, and the environment. NORC’s 70 years of leadership and experience in data collection, analysis, and dissemination—coupled with deep subject matter expertise—provides the foundation for effective solutions.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
National Opinion Research Center (NORC) - 19 months ago