The Teen Trip and Travel Program Lead will be responsible for implementing and organizing eight one-week summer camp sessions for middle school students (rising 6 th - 8 th graders). Each week is individually designed, including a 4-day camping trip, two weeks of community service, and five additional weeks of programming.
The Teen Trip and Travel Program Lead will be responsible for 10-20 campers and two staff member each week.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background working with children in a camp setting, experience driving a van with children as passengers, and experience leading outdoor programs with youth. The program runs from June 3 to August 9, with a week of staff training. Additional hours are available for program preparation.
- Organize and implement daily programming.
- Supervise Teen Trip and Travel program staff.
- Maintain safe and appropriate environment for middle school campers.
- Develop positive relationships with campers' parents.
- Model appropriate behavior for campers.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- Experience leading youth programs, especially programs for middle school-aged children.
- Experience with outdoor education, camping, and challenge courses.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral.
- Knowledge of summer camps.
- Ability to work well both in a team environment and independently.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and ability to improvise is a must.
- Must be 25 years or older.
- Must have clean driving record.
Jewish Community Center of San Francisco - 18 months ago