Candidate must have wood frame, site development and production housing experience along with the ability to manage assistant superintendents and subcontractor teams. Responsibilities include supervision of production, quality control and safety of a residential development.
The company representative who has the primary responsibility for all field operations, including the coordination of subcontractors’ work. Responsible for all field activities associated with the project, including ultimate responsibility for implementation of Safety/Zero Harm program for the jobsite, supervision of all field construction work by subcontractors and self-performed work. Shares responsibility with the project manager for developing the project budget, actively participating in the preconstruction phase, and ensuring that the project is built on time, within budget, and according to company policies and procedures. Manages and mentors assistant superintendents and other field personnel.
Project Financial Responsibilities
- Helps the project manager review and update progress and cost reports, schedules, and requirements for completion on a regular basis.
- Actively participates in development and management of project’s general conditions, construction schedule, project planning/phasing, and buyout strategy during preconstruction.
Project Start-up and Scheduling
- Participates in preconstruction planning, when possible, regarding the project schedule and budget. Reviews project estimates and cost control system at the beginning of the project.
- Communicates with subcontractors and employees (along with the project manager) a consistent level of expectations and direction regarding schedules, construction methods, company policies and procedures, permits, safety/loss prevention, quality control, and other performance standards. Ensures all employees have relevant safety/loss prevention training for their position.
- Participates in making scopes for subcontracts and pre-bid/post-bid meetings.
Project Administration, Operations and Close-out
- Thoroughly understands project specifications, the contract, and the contract’s general conditions, and confirms that all materials and subcontract work comply with contract documents and quality specifications.
- Explores and advises the project team on appropriate changes in methods, materials schedules, and procedures. Ensures all materials are properly tested according to specifications and ensures that all test results are properly recorded.
- Ensures that project site and company assets are secure. Communicates individual safety roles, responsibilities and expectations to our clients, Operations staff, subcontractors, vendors and the public that maintains a safe and respectful working environment at all times.
- Manages and implements programs for safety, Equal Employment Opportunity, risk management, training, and quality control.
- Manages and documents employee and subcontractor problems or nonperformance (along with the project manager) through mentoring/training, disciplinary action, termination, back charges, or other appropriate actions.
- Reviews and approves all bills for materials and subcontractor requisitions. Confirms that extra charges from subcontractors/suppliers are reasonable and work is correctly executed. Coordinates with project manager for approval on extra charges.
- Facilitates weekly project progress and safety meetings with all subcontractor representatives and coordinates the upcoming week’s work. Partners with Loss Prevention Professionals assigned to the project site. Attends all progress meetings with the owner/architect representatives.
- Keeps owners/architects informed of progress throughout the life of the project.
Promote Customer Relations
- Ensures that the project closeout process is finalized to settle all financial obligations, demobilize all resources, and transition the project to the client.
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Makes presentations to proactively seek new business opportunities through relationships.
Job Description - Requirements
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- 7+ years of experience. Depending upon the project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience may vary.
- Demonstrates solid presentation skills and verbal/written communication skills.
- Exhibits commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and making necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and meeting or exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
Balfour Beatty Construction is deep in the heart of Texas -- and beyond. The company provides start-to-finish project management,...