JOB SCOPE/ SUMMARY:
• Plan and oversee production operations on a shift basis within a facility
1. Schedule and supervise manufacturing operations to include maintenance and physical condition of the facility.
2. Monitor raw materials supplies to ensure adequate inventory.
3. Inform maintenance personal of all repairs and equipment malfunctions.
4. Direct and review scheduling of manufacturing operations to ensure safe production of quality products.
5. Ensure proper staffing of all line operations and provide employee training.
6. Propose, develop and justify annual operating and expense budgets.
7. Ensure compliance with OSHA, DOT, environmental rules, regulations and policies and maintain appropriate records.
8. Investigate and resolve employee complaints and production problems.
9. Inform plant manager regarding production activities and mechanical problems and conduct meetings with supervisory staff to review production issues.
10. Develop, communicate and ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
Educational attainment equivalent to Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Engineering or Chemistry or equivalent knowledge is desired
Thorough experience in manufacturing operations
Supervision experience is required
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES RECOMMENDED FOR POSITION:
Thorough knowledge of manufacturing operations, equipment usage, setup procedures and paint processing
Considerable knowledge of safety procedures, OSHA, DOT and environmental rules and regulations
Knowledge of supervisory and leadership techniques and principles
Experience in monitoring and coordination milling and filling operations
Ability to define, prepare and analyze production reports
Communication and interpersonal skills
Masco's ideal customer is a home improvement junkie with a thing for cabinets -- and a hand-washing fetish. The company is a leading...