Envirocon is seeking a Superintendent; this position is responsible for day-to-day management of field activities on Envirocon projects. This includes evaluating, hiring, scheduling, and supervising Envirocon craft personnel, as well as selecting and obtaining adequate and appropriate equipment for the job and ensuring that the equipment is maintained in compliance with Envirocon Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). In addition, the Superintendent may be responsible for oversight of lower-tier subcontractors performing work on Envirocon projects. The superintendent works closely with the project management team and report to the Project Manager. This is an entry-level management position within Envirocon.
PLEASE, NO WALK-IN’S OR PHONE CALLS. Apply online and the Hiring Manager will call those individuals whose background best fits this project. All applicants should attach a current resume outlining your remediation, demolition, sediment, PM, and other relevant experience to be considered further.
Work Schedule – This position works a modified schedule Monday through Thursday, 10 hours/day. Fridays are typically the off day. This schedule may vary depending upon the site needs.
Required Education and Experience
1. Three (3) years’ experience supervising work involving radiological contaminated materials. Some positions may contractually require three years radiological experience, five years supervisory experience, and a total of 15 years construction experience. Experience in handling chemical and other hazardous constituents is desirable.
2. Preference is for candidates with radiological experience in both remediation and D&D (demolition)
3. Minimum of a high school education
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Able to review and interpret project schedules in order to plan and direct field activities
2. Communicate with and lead a team composed of different crafts and subcontractors
3. Able to recognize potential changes and other project impacts and assist project management with notifications and claims.
4. Possess a working knowledge and understanding of the project contract, specifications and drawings
5. Understands the function and intended use of equipment on the project
6. Writing skills necessary to accurately document project activities
7. Able to effectively communicate with clients, subcontractors, and Envirocon support departments
8. Able to understand and use Envirocon’s project control systems to improve job performance.
9. Able to understand and comply with Envirocon’s SOPs to increase efficiency and minimize risk
10. Demonstrates persistence and creativity in resolving project issues
11. Possesses integrity and honesty toward the company and our clients
12. Self-motivated and possesses the desire to develop professionally and personally
13. Has the ability to train and mentor craft labor
14. Superintendents must be able to satisfy Envirocon’s DMV driving qualification and remain a qualified driver.
15. Basic computer skills including the use of: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project Scheduling.
16. Understand basic behavior-based safety programs and enforce Envirocon’s safety policies.
Envirocon - 2 years ago