Rare opportunity to make an immediate impact and partner with an industry leader!
For more than a century, Kraus-Anderson has been transforming the American landscape.
Founded in 1897 and privately owned and managed by the Engelsma family for more than 70 years, KA is consistently ranked by Engineering News Record among the top 50 general contractors in the United States. Our base of operations in Minnesota is supplemented with regional offices, extending our capabilities coast to coast.
We take a highly collaborative approach to our work. We work closely with owners, architects and the entire planning team well before ground is broken; providing cost analyses, scheduling information, and value engineering services to ensure that our client can make informed decisions leading to a timely finish of the highest quality and the best value.
Directs activities of subcontractors and other workers concerned with construction of buildings, or other construction projects by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; recognizing work performance and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Studies specifications and drawings so as to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Assures procured tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Provides guidance to subcontractors and assists in solving problems associated with projects.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Confers with subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays and assure on-time delivery.
- Confers with subcontractors and labor representatives to resolve complaints and grievances associated with the project and with work force.
- Confers with architect and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Conducts regular project reviews and maintain records of project progress.
- Advises Project Managers and Project Assistants of any issues associated with project.
- Assures all personnel are familiar with and adhere to safety regulations.
- Ensures that job trailers or Superintendent's trucks have copies of personnel policies and Job Safety Data Sheets/MSDS.
- Develops relationships with past, present and future clients.
- Recommends potential job opportunities to Marketing Department.
- Assists with client interviews.
- Must be able to use scheduling software and create and update project schedules.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Share with us your talent, drive and expertise and we will provide a creative and supportive environment, where valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth, job satisfaction and comprehensive compensation and benefits programs.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; plus 5 years of Field Management experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Knowledge of Project Management Software Contact Management systems and Spreadsheet software.
- Valid driver's license.
- Read and interpret drawings and schedules prepared by architects and project managers.
- May travel more than 50 percent of the time to remote jobsites.
Join Us - Apply Online
No walk-ins please
For questions regarding the online application process, contact the Kraus Anderson TalentAssist Team at 1-877-856-9755
EOE/AA/Drug Free Employer
Kraus-Anderson Construction Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and hereby provides notice of its compliance with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4; 41 C.F.R. 60-4.2; 41 C.F.R. 60-4.3; 41 C.F.R. 60-250.5; 41 C.F.R. 60-300.5; 41 C.F.R. 60-741.5; and 29 C.F.R. Part 471 Appendix A to Subpart A, which are hereby incorporated by reference.
We are excited to partner with the HR Professionals at Instigate, Inc. to manage our recruitment efforts for this opening. All responses will be processed promptly on behalf of our hiring team by Instigate. Please submit your resumes and supporting information directly online for consideration. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
INSTIGATE, Inc. - 19 months ago