Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With revenues of more than $10 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 10,300 staff and 14,400 craft workers. Kiewit Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kiewit participates in E-Verify.
This is a first-line supervisor position reporting to the Project Superintendent or Project Manager with responsibility specifically to the heavy civil construction discipline. Superintendents set the highest expectations for safety, quality, schedule and cost performance. Their roles and responsibilities are to plan and lead our operations to achieve these expectations while working with a team of engineers and supervisors.
* Directing work crews.
* Assuring quality control.
* Managing and tracking cost.
* Scheduling equipment and subcontractors.
* Administering safety programs.
* Maintaining good owner relations.
* Hiring, training, firing craft personnel.
* Develop detailed works plans in conjunction with engineers.
* Develop 90-day, 3-week and daily schedules for crews, equipment and materials.
* Build on budget and adjust the plan and methods as the work proceeds to improve productivity.
* Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in construction or engineering.
* Ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings.
* Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
* Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
* Good communication skills.
* Working knowledge of computers and experience with the use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
* Must be willing to travel.
* Strong organization/time management skills.
* Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done.
* Work independently as well as part of a team.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
*4-year college degree preferred.
Kiewit Corporation - 7 months ago
Peter Kiewit Sons' is a heavyweight in the heavy construction industry. The general contractor and its subsidiaries have a breadth of...