The Structural Concrete Superintendent (Self-Perform) will supervise all phases of concrete construction from ground breaking through project closeout, for a variety of projects in a diverse market including Education, Multi-Story and Subterranean Parking Structures, Healthcare (OSHPD) and MACC among others. You will be responsible for the scheduling, performance, coordination and supervision of all the employees and resources assigned to the project.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess strong leadership and organizational skills, have a proven track record of prosecuting profitable work while maintaining the highest safety standards, be able to maintain strong field and interoffice relationships, be able to effectively direct the efforts of field and subcontractors to meet deadlines while maintaining the ability to shift priorities rapidly to accommodate various work load changes.
- Duties will include but are not limited to supervising all phases of construction. For Structural Super, emphasis will be on self-perform concrete.
- Read plans, engineering details, and project spec sheets.
- Plan, prepare and manage schedules and budgets.
- Attend project meetings, provide T&M documentation, employee evaluations, invoice phasing, and 2 week look ahead projections.
- Ability to change priorities from various directives to manage workload changes and impacts, and the ability to multi-task under stress to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with inspectors to insure timely inspections.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Oversee project quality of crew and subcontractors.
- Optimize job costs through efficient planning and coordination with company resources.
- Represent the company in an appropriate manner to Owners, Architects, Subcontractors and other professionals.
- Maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with others while performing assigned responsibilities.
REQUIREMENTS : Qualifications include knowledge of Structural and multi-story CIP concrete building and formwork systems a plus. Two-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or experience. Eight or more years supervisory experience in similar facility construction technology, methods, equipment, tools and work procedures required. Advanced understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and ability to control and the ability to supervise large groups is essential. Software skills: Basic computer skills, e-mail, Internet. SureTrak software knowledge helpful.
- Ensure that required safety standards are complied with by all project staff and subcontractors,
- Proven track record with a focus on sustainable job profitability – 5 years minimum.
- Ability to provide vision and leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented, logical, and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to plan and schedule the work of others.
- Knowledge of various formwork systems including EFCO, Symons, and others.
- Experience in using the computer and Internet for email, digital photos, critical path software, documentation etc.
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- Possession of a valid drivers license.
5+ Years Commercial Construction Experience
Effective communicator (verbal and written)
Ability to provide vision and leadership
Detail oriented, logical, and methodical approach to problem solving
Excellent organizational skills
Strong proficiency with SureTrak
*Structural Concrete Experience Required*
Ability to plan and schedule the work of others
Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
Depends On Experience
Vehicle or Vehicle Allowance
Laptop & Cell Phone/Radio
Employer pays 100% of Employee premiums for medical, dental and life insurance.
T.B. Penick is an equal opportunity employer. Drug-testing and proof of citizenship or immigration status is a requirement of employment.