Leads, directs and coordinates the work of subcontractors and/or Turner trade labor. The Superintendent is responsible for ensuring safety, schedule delivery, quality of work performed and adherence to budget of the project. The Superintendent has supervisory responsibility for Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers, Interns and trade labor in his/her area of responsibility.
Reports to: Project Superintendent, Project Manager or Project Executive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Lead responsibility for:
• Overseeing and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
• Overseeing work among assigned trades to promote a coordinated project operation. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
• Managing the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
• Supervising and developing Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers and/or interns, as assigned, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
• Creating schedules and determining sequencing of work. Developing and implementing recovery strategies to maintain project schedule.
• Communicating with owners and architects/engineers in connection with field issues. Investigating and resolving such issues.
• Managing the billing process as it relates to work in place and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
• Managing the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
• *May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of four years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Knowledge of building construction, means and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills. Experience in high ed hospitality and OSHA 30 certification a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weight.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Turner Construction Company - 14 months ago
Turner Construction Company is recognized as the leading general builder in the U.S. The company’s 5000+ employees perform work on...