We are seeking a top-notch Construction Superintendent with specific experience in healthcare, tenant improvements and/or rehabs for a position based in our Portland, Oregon office.
The ideal candidate will have 8 or more years experience working on commercial and/or multi-family projects. Successful candidate will have a proven record of accomplishment in all phases of project supervision and extensive experience in structural concrete, steel and/or wood frame construction.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Safety – First priority . Manages the overall safety of the job site and relevant surrounding areas and sets the tone for achieving positive safety results on the project.
- Quality – Ensures that each project is delivered to the client with the highest level of quality.
- Schedule – Develops the project schedule and effectively manages all of the project schedule dates to meet scheduled milestones and completion date.
- Budget – Effectively manages the cost of work to ensure costs do not exceed budget.
- Communication & Management – Facilitates communication and management of the job site and ensures that all parties involved are aware of their responsibilities and informed of project status and expectations.
- Job Site Administration & Logistics – Ensures that relevant project records are processed and maintained as required and that the logistics of the project support the schedule.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be an efficient, organized, multi-tasking and positive minded team player.
- Working knowledge of computer programs including: Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Project, & project management systems such as CMiC
Candidates currently working for locally based construction firms will be given preference to consideration.
- Formal Education : High school education or equivalent. Four year degree in building science, construction management or engineering preferred or equivalent experience.
- Previous Job Performance/Experience Required : Thorough working knowledge of wood, steel and/or concrete frame commercial construction as related to all disciplines and phases of construction. A minimum of 10 years of experience in the construction industry and a minimum of eight years of previous experience in a supervisory role required.
Vendors and Third Party Recruiters: Walsh Construction Co. is not responsible for fees associated with the submittal of non-solicited resumes.
Walsh Construction Co./OR now manages projects in Oregon and southwest Washington, while Walsh Construction Co./WA continues to work in the...