eadquartered in Boston's Historic Faneuil Hall, WinnCompanies develops, acquires and manages multi-family and mixed income properties throughout the United States. Founded in 1971, WinnResidential's multi-family management and military housing services portfolio currently includes over 95,000 residences located in 23 states.
As diverse as WinnCompanies holdings may be, our 2,750 employees are united by a commitment to excellence and a common set of principles upon which the organization was founded more than 40 years ago.
As the nation’s 6th largest residential housing management company, WinnCompanies ability to successfully operate large and small scale urban and suburban multifamily properties across the country continues to be a source of pride for the company.
Location of Position:
City: Providence State: RI ZipCode: 02909
Title of Position: Maintenance Superintendent
The Superintendent is responsible for the maintenance functions at his/her property. The purpose of this position is to ensure that the physical condition of the property satisfies ownership and management objectives. The Superintendent reports to the Property Manager, directly supervises Maintenance Mechanics, Groundskeepers, and/or Cleaners, and receives direction and guidance from the appropriate Regional Maintenance Coordinator.
• Acts as a working supervisor, with almost all of his/her time spent performing maintenance functions.
• Completes all resident work orders at the property in a timely manner, and completes the relevant paperwork.
• Completes all site work orders at the property in a timely manner, and completes the relevant paperwork.
• Responsible for preventive maintenance at the property, utilizing the company's Preventive Maintenance System detailing the location, item, and schedule for performing all PM functions.
• Responsible for the condition and appearance of the grounds at the site.
• Responsible for being available by phone or beeper in case of emergency.
• Responsible for the "turnover" of vacant apartments in an expeditious manner in order to avoid the loss of any rental income.
• Responsible for the inventory control of the property's maintenance supplies, performing a monthly inventory and making recommendations to the Property Manager for the purchase of supplies and equipment.
• After discussion of need and expense with the Property Manager and Regional Maintenance Coordinator, solicits bids from contractors for such work as plumbing, electrical, landscaping, carpeting, painting, and safety systems preventive maintenance.
• Oversees such work as referred to in 9. above, as determined by the Property Manager and Regional Maintenance Coordinator.
• Makes recommendations for capital improvements at the property to the Property Manager and Regional Maintenance Coordinator.
• Exercises no authority to approve expenditures or spend money. If an emergency, should make every attempt to contact the supervisor.
• Ensures that all company maintenance policies and procedures are implemented at the property.
• Ensures that company standards for the performance of maintenance functions are consistently maintained.
• Reviews the HUD and state agency building inspection reports in conjunction with the Property Manager and Regional Maintenance Coordinator in order to understand what maintenance problems need to be resolved and what maintenance improvements need to be made.
• Represents himself/herself and the property in a professional manner with residents, visitors, and other employees.
• Wears the prescribed uniform at all times during working hours.
• Responsible for wearing his/her company identification at all times while at work, and ensures that all maintenance personnel do the same.
• Makes budget recommendations to the Property Manager for all maintenance line items
• Assists the Property Manager in controlling maintenance expenses and adhering to the property's approved budget.
• Responsible for preparing and implementing a weekly work schedule for himself/herself and all Maintenance Mechanics, Groundskeepers, and Cleaners at the property.
• Provides direction, guidance, and supervision to the Maintenance Mechanics, Groundskeepers, and Cleaners.
• Interviews candidates for Maintenance Mechanic, Groundskeeper, and Cleaner positions, and makes hiring recommendations to the Property Manager.
• Trains the Maintenance Mechanics, Groundskeepers, and Cleaners in the proper performance of their functions, consistent with company policies, procedures, and standards.
• Works with the Property Manager in evaluating the performance of the Maintenance Mechanics, Groundskeepers, and Cleaners.
• Schedules maintenance contractors in accordance with the requirements of their contracts.
Receives training as needed with regard to the best methods of fulfilling his/her responsibilities, such as how to lift heavy items without being hurt, and how to make repairs while guarding against the possibility of viruses and hazardous waste.
• Conducts weekly staff meetings.
• Performs special assignments as needed, or as requested by the Property Manager or Regional Maintenance Coordinator.
• Executes such other responsibilities as determined by the Property Manager.
• Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience
• Excellent Communication and Leadership
• 2 Years of General Maintenance experience
• Knowledge of Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC systems, Carpentry
Anticipated Work Schedule:
Monday to Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Required to be On-Call 1 calendar week a month. Required to be on call in the event of an emergency or inclement weather.
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.