The Honolulu Rail Transit Project (HRTP) Office located in Honolulu, Hawaii has an opening for a Supervising Engineer to serve as a Final Design Lead Office Engineer . This individual will be responsible for assisting the Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART) Project Manager (PM) and the General Engineering Consultant’s (GEC’s) Deputy Project Manager (DPM) in providing overall management and oversight of the Airport Guideway and Utilities Section and the City Center Guideway and Utilities Section Final Design contracts; 9.8 miles of aerial transit guideway within the $5.2 billion Honolulu High-Capacity Transit Corridor Project. More information regarding the Project can be found at http://www.honolulutransit.org .
Serving on the staff of the GEC, the selected candidate will report to and assist the GEC Airport and City Center (A/CC) Segment PM/DPM.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist the A/CC PM/DPM in duties related to the oversight of the Final Designer, including design, design reviews and agency and owner coordination.
- Where assigned and in the DPM’s absence, supervise a staff consisting of engineers, project controls, office engineers, project administrators, and specialty sub-consultants.
- Assure that documents are reviewed and processed in a timely manner in accordance with GEC and Client procedures.
- Coordinate with other GEC and HART Managers, including Engineering, Environmental Mitigation, Public Involvement, Project Interface, and Scheduling and Change Managers.
- Keep PM/DPM apprised of progress and issues associated with documents and contract administration.
- Participate in meetings with the Final Designer and HART contributing in areas within purview; on occasion and as necessary representing the DPM.
- Conduct meetings and oversee the preparation of meeting minutes as applicable.
- Review Final Designer’s request for change orders.
- Review and process Final Designer’s progress payments.
- Draft correspondence for signature by others.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field. Ability to understand the technical and commercial aspects of design and construction documents and contracts.
- Aerial guideway experience a plus.
- PE registration or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience.
- Design-Bid-Build and large urban project design experience.
- Preference will be given to applicants with Rail Transit experience.
- Strong leadership and people skills. Experience managing project staff and services provided by specialty sub-consultants on large complex construction projects a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer proficiency and familiar with electronic tracking and reporting systems.
- Team player.
Parsons Brinckerhoff - 20 months ago
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...