Planning, coordinating and directing the laboratory in accordance with the laboratory’s workload, ensuring the highest quality of test in the most cost-effective manner.
With moderate supervision and heavy decision-making:
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Assist manager on current and future planning needs of department.
- Assist manager in writing job descriptions as the need arises, setting standards for employee’s performance appraisals, as well as contributing to the appraisal review process.
- Assist manager in determining personal development requirements by training and accepting broader assignments to expand experience.
- Meet all utilization goals as determined by Activity Center Manager.
- Complete all administrative reports, purchases department supplies and perform other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate functions of the laboratory to its optimum level of production and efficiency in accordance with laboratory workload.
- Direct and perform the optimum standard of testing procedures, as well as monitor test results for quality control.
- Initiate the development of new procedures for non-standard or specials projects.
- Conduct test of unusual or complex nature when required.
- Review test results for accuracy and summarizes these in report form for engineer’s analysis.
- Maintain equipment by cleaning, repairing, testing, or calibrating as needed.
- Perform basic CMET functions as well as sharing some CMET dispatch duties.
- Able to travel as required, both domestically and internationally.
- Assist engineers as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Come to work regularly and on time.
- Execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Work well while under supervision.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to work while under stress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess current driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Possess or be able to obtain valid passport.
- A thorough knowledge of various ASTM testing standards.
- Possess good math skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Have knowledge of soil classification techniques
- Be able to utilize testing equipment, able to perform laboratory equipment checks and calibrations in accordance with company procedures.
- Proficiency in use of office application software.
Perform moderate work exerting up to 50 pounds of force constantly, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s degree, technical school course work, or Licensed Certified Engineering Technician with five or more years’ experience preferred.
- Must possess ATTI Asphalt Certification; ATTI Soils/Aggregate Certification; ACI Concrete Strength Certification; ACI Laboratory Technician Level 1 Certification; ACI Aggregate Technician Level 1 Certification; Nuclear Safety Certification; RSO Certification or able to obtain RSO Certification.
- Familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment, as well as filing systems and business letter writing and competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
what we offer
Benefits: Full benefits package including health benefits and a generous 401k match.
Interested candidates should submit resume to FCLjobs@fugro.com , Attention: Human Resources Coordinator.
To be considered, please reference job number and job title in cover letter.
Fugro - 15 months ago