POSITION: Supervising Tax Accountant
REPORTS TO: Tax Manager
LOCATION: Normal, IL 61761
A leading auditing and accounting firm with offices in
central Illinois has an immediate opening for a
Supervising Tax Accountant. Reporting to the firm’s Tax
Manager, the Supervising Tax Accountant is responsible
for the electronic preparation of complex corporate tax
returns and for the technical review corporate returns
prepared by others.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepares complex corporate income tax returns from
information submitted by field auditors or as requested
directly from clients, utilizing computerized income tax
software. Reviews returns to insure all supporting
schedules and attachments are completed and all
appropriate elections have been taken. Reconciles final
tax computations to audit reports and assures that
carry-forward items are agreed to prior year tax
· Assist with FAS 109 calculations.
· Assist tax manager in training both tax and audit
staff in tax related matters.
· Provide timely evaluation of tax staff.
· Monitors tax deadlines for all audit clients and
calculates quarterly estimates utilizing specialized
knowledge of requirements for cooperatives and
· Research and resolve tax related questions initiated
by inquiries from staff and clients.
· Identify and communicate tax planning opportunities
for corporate tax clients to tax manager.
· Researches cause of corporate tax write-backs from the
IRS or state departments of revenue and determines
appropriate course of response, including preparation of
amended tax returns, if necessary.
· Monitors new tax legislation utilizing electronic and
written update services and assists tax manager to
identify impact for the firm’s clients. Designs and
communicates procedural implementation strategies for
tax law changes.
· Maintains and submits daily time reports via the
firm’s internal time and billing system, including
breakdown of hours on each assignment.
· Assists in other areas and performs related duties as
· Minimum three years tax experience and advanced
knowledge of corporate income taxes.
· Experience with income tax preparation using income
· Bachelor’s degree with accounting emphasis, MST and
· Ability to apply and communicate information and
procedures is required. Duties require initiative,
creativity and professional competence for successful
performance of the job.
Salary of $65,000 or higher depending on skills,
certifications and experience. Local candidates
preferred; however some relocation allowance may be
offered, if appropriate.