Hologic, Inc. (NASDAQ: HOLX) is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of premium diagnostics, medical imaging systems, and surgical products dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of women throughout the world. Historically, Hologic developed, manufactured, and marketed products focused on mammography, breast care, and osteoporosis assessment. Our core business units are focused on breast health, diagnostics, GYN surgical, and skeletal health. For more information visit www.hologic.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise Accounts Payable staff of 10 between two locations (Bedford and Marlborough)
- Write and communicate annual performance reviews
- Invoice vouchering (processing and overseeing)
- Ensure recurring invoices are processed (rent)
- Supervise check and ACH runs (third party and employee reimbursement)
- Supervise T&E and P-Card issuance and administration
- Initiate all wires via JP Morgan Access
- Ensure proper segregation of duties within the accounts payable function
- Ensure timely and accurate issuance of 1099’s inclusive of Federal and State filings
- Gathering appropriate data relative to MA HCP/Sunshine reporting for timely and accurate, annual reporting
- Create, update and maintain AP training documentation
- Provide updates to AP Manager for changes to AP Sox Narrative as required
- Ensure internal controls are adhered to and kept up to date
- Liaison with bank on any accounts payable issues (i.e. stop payments, transmission of data files)
- Perform month end closing and account reconciliations and accruals
- Evaluate further use of electronic processing of accounts payable and any other method to improve efficiency. Utilize best practices, benchmarks and metrics to improve organization
- Other responsibilities and initiatives as assigned
- Answer inquiries from vendors and employees by phone and in writing as necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent combination of formal education and experience) required. Accounting preferred.
- Work requires a minimum of 4 to 6 years Accounts Payable or similar accounting experience. Previous supervisory or leadership role preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of financial record keeping as they relate to the accounts payable function, and basic accounting practices and procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Experience with a General Ledger System is required. Oracle systems experience is preferred.
- Diligent and results oriented. Strong analytical skills, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong customer service focus.
- Ability to mentor, guide and motivate direct reports through demonstration of best practices and leading by example
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
· 4+ years accounts payable experience
- Travel to Bedford office 2-3 times a week is required
Hologic corporation is a developer, manufacturer and supplier of diagnostic and medical imaging systems related to women's health. It...